Old 26-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Bill Sanchez

Default Overwintering Hyacinths

Just plant them in a pot with no drainage hole like any other plant, but in
clay dirt and place the plant on a southern window that gets some sunlight.
Keep soil soggy and they should easily make it till spring. I have had good
success with this method.

"Tbumpy" wrote in message
Has anyone tried to overwinter hyacinths? I've read to put them in a

shallow
bowl with aquatic planting soil on the bottom and lots of water so that

it's a
thin mud consistency. I would like to be able to save some of them since

they
can be a bit expensive to buy. Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tina