Old 26-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Getting rid of copepods

"Dinky" wrote:

Seriously, though I understand the draw to find a 'natural' fix, a
quick,weak bleach bath like we'd use to kill snails on new plants
would wipe the vast majority of them out.

True, but it would also involve the ungodly mess of pulling everything
out and starting over. While I'd probably have fun playing in the mud
and all, I hate to do this to the plant when it's showing signs of
recovery. No doubt the copepods are very well established not only in
the gravel, but also in the potting soil underneath.

I should have done a mild bleach bath when I first moved the plant. If
I had, I wouldn't have this problem now.

--
www.ericschreiber.com