Old 26-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Getting rid of copepods

"Dinky" wrote:

Guppies? A small feeder goldie, perhaps.

Maybe. They have the advantage of being cheap, anyway. But having
sworn up and down that I'll never keep guppies, I don't think I could
withstand the abuse my sister would heap on me

I just stumbled across a Usenet article that indicates that ghost
shrimp eat copepods. This also falls under the heading of 'cheap', and
fits in with my plans to get another dozen this weekend anyway. I seem
to run out a lot - someone in my main tank appears to have decided
that ghost shrimp are yummy. I haven't determined yet who the culprit
is.

A shrimp or two might be kind of neat scooting around in the
one-gallon.

--
www.ericschreiber.com