Old 26-09-2003, 11:11 AM
awm

Default Cleaning Bird Mess Off Concrete - How ?

Franz Heymann wrote:

"AWM" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

Okay,

I've got a concrete drive which gets marked badly at this time of year

by

starlings who are eating berries and/or blackcurrants and leaving purple
marks everywhere.

I have tried scrubbing the concrete which brings up the original colour

of

the concrete but the bird mess mark remains.

Any advice on what household cleaner or chemical would help remove

these

stains ?

Thanks.

Mike.

Strong solution household bleach leave for 30m minutes then hose

f ---

note this also an effective weed & mosskiller so use with care near plants

Does it kill the weeds by being absorbed into the leaves, or via the roots?
Would it be bad for plants other than weeds if some of the bleach leaches
into the soil?
I have a vast amount of moss on all my garden walls, and on a number of
patches on the soil in the beds. At present the moss is winning the batle,
and I would be interested in the bleach approach if I knew that it would not
be harmful to the desired plants.

Franz

Compounds that contain chlorine are pretty toxic to all life, but it
works mostly on the leaf, in the soil it tends to get washed out very
quickly by rainfall.
Bleach is als go for dealing with industrial grime on concrete.
The thin household bleaches are the best to use.