Old 26-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default DD potted vs. bare root

In m Theo Asir wrote:
Why did it get shovel pruned????

Theo, my garden has limited size but I want to keep exploring. So...
each year I remove 3 roses, and get 3 new ones. I often pot the rejects
or give them away. Killing a rose just seems like bad karma.

The ones I remove are my least favourite, but even they are getting
pretty good now. This winter I removed White Lightnin', Black Velvet
and Hot Chocolate. Hot Chocolate is the only one of those I won't miss.
Ironically it was also the one I used soil replacement on...and the root
system was so strong I nearly did my back in removing it!