Old 26-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Steve

Default Containers on a flat roof?

We're a bit short of space in our garden, but there's a nice flat
roof... It's the normal black type thing. It's south facing, with a
wall behind it so it's a real sun trap. It strikes me it could be the
ideal place to grow anything which likes it hot with full sun. I was
thinking of chillies and tomatoes, but I'm open to other suggestions.
They may as well be vegetables, as no one is going to see them there.

The only thing is, will a flat roof be too hot? I imagine it could
well be sweltering up there in the summer - the roof itself can often
be too hot to touch in July and August. I'd probably keep the
containers off the roof itself by resting on some timber anyway.

Watering and access are an issue, but I can work those out. I just
wondered if anyone had tried it and if it is such a good idea?

~ If emailing, please use: Steve_A_Haigh
~ @
~ hotmail.com
~