Old 26-09-2003, 03:02 PM
N. Woolley

Default What are they?

Two-leaved Senna is Cassia roemeriana. Roemer was a German naturalist
who collected plants around New Braunfels for several years in the
mid-1800's. This plant grows to 1 to 2 ft.

There is also Lindheimer Senna, Cassia lindheimeriana. Lindheimer was a
botanist, also in central Texas. This plant grows to about 3-4 ft. and
has really nice softly fuzzy leaves.

The Tree Senna is not native to Texas. I planted one in my yard this
spring. I am crossing my fingers that it overwinters well. I also have
the Lindheimer Senna. All of these plants have very nice yellow flowers.

Nancy W.
CAMN