Old 26-09-2003, 04:02 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] using repaired pots

What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over. I had the same
happen when a cascade blew over. I repaired the pot so that no-one else
knew it was broken. To me it was always the broken pot, so when the
opportunity arose to replace it with an almost identical one from the
same potter (David Jones of Walsall Ceramics Studios)
I did. The repaired one is now a stand-by and I feel better. To me this
is more important than when displaying.

I would say that unless the damage is visible, no competition judge is
ever likely to discover it. How many judges get time to study the rear
of a tree? If the display is "in the round" with the tree viewable from
all sides, this would be a different matter. IMHO of course ;-)

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

So, I'm wondering
if it's kosher to use such a pot when displaying the tree in an
exhibition, or elsewhere. Your thoughts?

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

---