Old 26-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Bruce

Default Watering

Ok, thanks. This isn't an established plant, just planted it about 2 weeks
ago. Leaves seem to be curling a bit (at night as well) despite daily
watering. I'm a little nervous that perhaps I'm overwatering.

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
"Bruce" wrote in message

I know leaf curling is a sign of under-watering, but what are the signs

of
over-watering (outdoor plant)?

Leaf curl is not necessarily a sign of underwatering. My plants get
plenty of water, but on very hot days they will curl up and then open
back up once it starts to cool a bit. If you see your leaves curl up
in the hotter part of the day, don't fret too much, just make sure the
soil is damp.

It is hard to overwater or over fertilize most established bamboos.

Chris