Old 26-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Frost forecast, and green tomatoes still outside

"Martin Richards" wrote in message
"Spider" wrote
I'm concerned about your spuds. If you mean the tubers are entirely

green
then they will be poisonous.

What I meant in the original post is all the _foliage_ is still green
(indeed with the odd flower - I did say they'd gone in late), not the
tubers! I may know more about computers than gardening, but I think even
I'd be worried if the spuds themselves were green ;-) Actually, I've got

no
idea what colour they are, or if they even exist - I've been very good and
not peeked yet

Even if they were green you'd have to eat an awful lot to be poisoned.
Pregnant women, I understand, are the most vulnerable to this.

I've been eating them for years and am still here.

Mary

Sorry for the confusion

Martin