Old 26-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Reka

Default paphiopedilum seedling?

"Rob Halgren" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Weed. It is a dicot. Not an orchid. Sorry. To the other question,
orchids do self seed sometimes. It isn't a common occurance. Before
science caught up to orchids, growers would attempt to germinate orchid
seeds at the base of established plants. And they must have been at
least somewhat successful, or we wouldn't have had any hybrids before
the advent of orchid flasking. Now we grow 99.999999999% of orchid seed
in flasks.

P.S. This is not a binaries newsgroup. Please post pics to
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids.
Don't worry, we all do it by mistake once in a while, since the names of the
posters on both groups are almost identical. :-)
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---