Old 26-09-2003, 06:32 PM
animaux

Default What are they?

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:48:18 GMT, "N. Woolley" opined:

Two-leaved Senna is Cassia roemeriana. Roemer was a German naturalist
who collected plants around New Braunfels for several years in the
mid-1800's. This plant grows to 1 to 2 ft.

There is also Lindheimer Senna, Cassia lindheimeriana. Lindheimer was a
botanist, also in central Texas. This plant grows to about 3-4 ft. and
has really nice softly fuzzy leaves.

The Tree Senna is not native to Texas. I planted one in my yard this
spring. I am crossing my fingers that it overwinters well. I also have
the Lindheimer Senna. All of these plants have very nice yellow flowers.

Nancy W.
CAMN

I have both and both are and have been in the ground for 3 years with no signs
of cold damage. They are both with a wall behind them in the north of the
garden. They are protected, somewhat from the rigorous winds from the winter
northers.

The Natural Gardener has several, as well. All beautiful and doing well.