Old 26-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] using repaired pots

Alan Walker wrote:
Craig: Are you in a trouble making mood? ;-) This could be the start of another rules vs.
guidelines vs. down with all criteria for judgment of any kind!
====
Craig Cowing wrote:
Why not? This topic hasn't come up much on the list, and I'm curious as to what others
think and do on this topic.
====
I was just kidding, Craig. Maybe the great mica pot wars were before your
time. ;-)))
====
It depends upon the nature of the exhibit. A repaired pot will always be less
desirable than a whole pot. A repaired pot will not be acceptable in a formal exhibit.
Most exhibits are not so formal, however, so you could use it at your discretion. If you
have a better container, use it. Or if you don't really need that bonsai in the exhibit,
it's probably best to exclude it.
SNIP
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com
================================
Well, I'm not going to be entering it in a formal competition anytime soon, so it's
ok as it is. I think it would be fine in the kind of displays I do, too. Looking at the
front there is no sign of damage.
So, another question along this same line (I'll wake up the list yet!)--do pots
reach the point where repairs or damage make them more desirable, in terms of
wabi/sabi--patina, that sort of thing?
Craig Cowing NY Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37
Not in our lifetimes, Craig.
Alan