Old 26-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Chris R. Lee

Default how much round up to use?

"Nick Maclaren" a écrit dans le message de news:

In article ,
"Franz Heymann" writes:
| "jdowling" wrote in message
| Can someone advise how much round up to use to kill a few reappearing
| weeds?
| Basically I use a knapsack sprayer which holds approx 2- 3 gallons. I

use
| round up from the container which I think is either 500 or 1000ml . I
| generally throw 2 - 3 of these round up container capfuls to the

knapsack.
| Am I using too much / too little? The weeds concerned are mainly

grasses
| growing through a stone/gravel lane.
|
| Read the information on the bottle or the packaging.

And then use half to two thirds as much ....

Seriously, too weak works better than too strong, and most people's
experience is that the bottle's recommendations are a bit too strong.

Yes, if you're after couch grass and suchlike, you want the stuff to work
its way down before you kill off what's on top. In fact, the idea is to
weaken the plant without bumping it off immediately, hence the advice to dig
after waiting 3 weks or so.

Regards

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.