Old 26-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Drakanthus

Default Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb!!!

I've been given a couple of crowns of rhubarb, and as I've never
grown it before, I'd be obliged for any/all tips from the
expert rhubarbologists amongst you.

I could never find a suitable place in my tiny veg plot and after moving and
replanting the rhubarb three times last year decided to try an experiment,
so this year I tried growing it in a large container (about 60 litres) in a
mixture of soil and leaf mould. It thrived and produced lots of tasty stems.
I gave it lots of feed (mainly Miracle Grow) and watered it almost daily -
it seemed to like damp soil. The plant was also mobile being in a container.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)