Old 27-09-2003, 04:22 AM
Roy

Default OT- Generators

I would not think that is a really a problem. You could liive on the
top of a mountain anbd have a tree fall on your propane tank as well.
Just how did a propane tank contaminate waterways. If the water is up
that high, then odds are your gen set is also in water, and no matter
what powers it, its history.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:57:37 -0400, "Betsy" -0 wrote:

x-Not necessarily. If the generator is sited outside as the propane canisters
x-will be, you may be in for a surprise. Lots of people here in Baltimore
x-have contaminated houses, wells, & local waterways due to propane tanks that
x-broke loose & floated away.
x-
x- With NG or propane you will not have this problem, and your time
x- between oil changes will also increase as it has nbo hydrocarbons
x- getting by the piston rings to contaminate the oil and make it black.
x- NG or LPG is best for long term permanent generator setups if you can
x- afford it. HOnda is quieter tha most. A 30# or 100# bottle of propane
x- will be there when you need it, ddress
x-

--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address