Old 29-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default 30 Roses To Start A Garden With

Bob Bauer wrote:

You mean you still have grass??!!? The shame of it all....... grin

Not much. *grin* I also have ten blueberries, tomatoes, an herb
garden, seven bird feeders, 2 lilacs, 4 gardenias, bradford pear (whom
I'm still debating about removing...), strawberry plants, 2 spirea
bushes, a holly, some kind of japanese shrub that I'm always forgetting
the name of and chopping the heck out of because it annoys me, boxwood
shrubs, alstromeria lilies, stargazer lilies, white asiatic lilies,
pansies, pussy willow, burning bush, dwarf crape myrtle, numerous deep
purple bearded irises, crocuses, petunias, double tulips, hyacinthes,
begonias, fuscia, tuberoses, freesia, honeysuckle, purple butterfly
bush, zinnias and other things I am forgetting. Of course, this list
does not include the roses, the orchids and african violets inside along
with the other houseplants, the new rose I just ordered nor all the
plants I ordered in the last few days. Oh yeah, we have a quarter of an
acre which also has a house on it. *grin*

Come on give in, EVerybody has grass..... boring, boring, boring.

I think the s.o. might like all the grass gone on one account - my
partner swears I'm testing for skills at "precision lawn mowing". *grin*

Bob The Enabler.
(Guaranteeing a guilt free lifestyle for all who wish it)

Oh yeah, just what I need. Someone encouraging me. *grin* Did I
mention I also own over 2000 books so the new found passion for
gardening (discovered when we bought this house) has also added to the
book collection? One must simply own a book on roses, one (or two) on
orchids, another on pruning, some more on perennials, a must have on
plant identification, etc.... I definitely need encouragement. *laugh*

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu