Old 27-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Rooting in a gel

On 25 Sep 2003 00:42:06 -0700, (Mark Fawcett)
wrote:

No success at all with either batch, cuttings eventually shrivelled
and died. I had much more success rooting cuttings just in a glass of
water on the windowsill.
One thing that did surprise me though was just how much water the
granules could absorb so I may try again but with less granules and
more water. I could however, if I carry along with this track, end up
with the situation of more water than granule thus making the trial a
bit pointless!-)

Mark

How did you prepare the granules? Did you pre-soak them and then put
the lumps of swelled gel into a pot, followed by the cuttings, or did
you put dry granules into a pot, then dibbled in the cuttings,
followed by water (or yet another route)?

--
Chris