Old 27-09-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Lighting for pond in Basement

put tent over the holding pond, hang 4' fluorescent light outside the plastic.put on
timer for 6 hours. best way to deal with light. be sure to run good aeration in
there and run all the time. you really dont want it warmer, cooler down to 60o is
even better, less need to feed, less waste. what kind of filter you using? Ingrid

"Mickey" wrote:

I read an article that said fish do not care about lighting. So when I moved
my fish into the dark basement I made no lighting provisions. Any past
experience on fish and lighting ? The indoor pond is 4' x 4' x 3 deep 300
gallons. The water temp will be about 72° all winter. I am looking at a
cover to reduce humidity loss and hold heat in. I thought about putting a
light though the top and hanging it so the base is outside the cover and the
body is inside. This would provide some heat and lighting.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.