Old 27-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Cat

Default growing cloudberry

During a recent trip to Finland, I sampled that food of the Gods,
cloudberry jam. From what little research I have done, it seems
cloudberry (Rubus Chamaemorus) grows in peatbogs in sub-arctic areas.
I am wondering whether I might be able to grow the plant here in the
Midlands of Ireland (we do have peat bogs within a short few miles,
and getting peat into the soil specially for those berries would not
be a problem if that is all it takes). Has anyone successfully tried
somewhere in the UK or Ireland who could give me some advice?
Thanks in advance !
Cat(h)