Old 28-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Sad Sid

Default Garden Office Building? What do you recommend?

"Kev" wrote in message
. 254.254...
(William.R.Reisen) wrote in
om:

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a garden office.

I've just finished doing the same job - but using ordinary building
materials, mostly bought second-hand via Adtrader. My 16ft x 10ft office
cost 1200ukp and looks great.

It's built of breeze blocks, rendered and painted. The roof is properly
tiled with slates and terracotta ridge tiles. Two double glazed UPVC windows
and a pair of Wickes UPVC french doors let in plenty of light and fresh air.
Second hand items:
Roof trusses £100
Windows £60
Slates £180
Remainder: 6 metres ready-mix £240. Blocks £264. French doors £199. Ridge
tiles £54. Sand. cement & timber made up the balance.

I've added a false chimney for birds to nest in and a bit of trellis &
planting to blend it all in. Now the wife is threatening to make a take-over
bid......

I did all the work myself - never done anuthing like it before but it all
came out perfectly. It has taken just over three months and the only tough
bits were digging out the footings and laying the blocks up the apex of the
roof. If you don't have the time, try advertising for a pensioner to do it
for you!