Old 28-09-2003, 09:42 AM
DLee

Default Monty Don and his spade

Hi All

I was reading his garden book, and in it, he says that his favorite spade is
one made of stainless steel forged from a company called Bulldog. He paid £
90 for it in late 80s, and it is perfectly balanced and feel right, so he
uses it all the time although he has 6 or 7 spades. He thinks that this £ 90
spade was worth every penny.

Would you pay £ 90 for a spade? I paid £ 20 for a Wilkinson Sword spade this
weekend at B&Q, and felt that was too expensive for spade. Is it the case of
BBC paying him much, or like other things in life, you get what you pay for?

cheers

Dan