Old 29-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Shiva

Default Roses and New York City

Raulman wrote:

What are good roses to grow in Queens New York. I just moved and my yard
needs roses.

Congrats on your new place! We used to have several NYC posters, but have
not heard from them for a while. I think you are in Zone 6?? I am in Zone
7 here in Raleigh, NC, so I hesitate to make suggestions to you. You might
try going to Gardenweb.com and doing a little search on "Roses for NY," or
just browsing and reading. You can post your question there too, it is
free to register. I know there are lots of NY people posting there.
Another good thing to do is to go to a good online rose vendor and look at
some photos. You need to decide if you want to grow hybrid teas,
floribundas, shrub roses, Austins, miniatures, or what. A good place to
start is, what are you looking for? Scent? Cutting roses? Roses that look
great on the bush? Think about it and let us know!