Old 28-09-2003, 01:22 PM
PK

Default honeyfungus - how to kill

Bigjon wrote:
We appear to have the symptoms and bootlaces of honey fungus, as well
as one or two suspicious deaths to go with this. I found out that
Armillatox has been removed from sale in the UK, (but seems to be
available as a soap product now ??).

1. Can it still be used to kill Honey Fungus ?
2. Is there anything else I can use ?
3. Where can I get this by Mail order ?

I try to be as organic as possible, and I have a large wildlife pond
nearby !

Armillatox cannot be labelled as a HF control as it has not been through the
expensive legal hoops for it to be approved as a pesticide etc (see below)

It cannot therefore be labelled a pest/ant/honey fungus killer but only what
it is "a soap based outdoor cleaner" - i'm going to use it to clean my patio
around ants nests and to wash down and clean the "collar" of shrubs in HF
infected gardens, i might even use it to clean the holes I want to replant
roses in or holes for shrubs in HF areas.

Of course i wolud not dream of using it in any off label way or of advising
anyone else to do so.

pk

http://www.armillatox.co.uk/

Under European legislation the active ingredients of all pesticides have to
be reviewed, the cost of raising the data for the review is estimated to be
£3 million - to a small company the cost is prohibitive

As current legislation stands it will be illegal for Armillatox to be sold
as a pesticide after 25th July 2003 in European Member States - outside of
Europe it will continue as normal.

We have made representations to the EU and have been supported by our MEP to
look at a reduced package for small companies with niche products such
Armillatox but as the deadline approaches, we have has to reconsider our
position

Therefore as from 25th July 2003, we will re-label Armillatox as 'Armillatox
Soap Based Outdoor Cleaner' so taking it out of the pesticides regulations -
the formulation will remain the same.