Old 28-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Stephen Kellett

Default Garden Office Building? What do you recommend?

In message , Tim Ward
writes
out what it means? Or is this a deliberate political statement about the
status of Northern Ireland?

What?

I'm trying to work out why someone should invent "UKP" in preference to
using the ISO standard "GBP". That was the only explanation I could come up
with, Northern Ireland being in UK but not in GB, I thought that perhaps
someone who wanted to make a political statement about Northern Ireland
being part of the UK would object to using "GBP". Can you think of any other
reason for inventing "UKP"?

Good grief Tim, you are over-analysing way too much. I've seen UKP used
before, it hasn't been invented to make a political stand.

Taking your logic a stage further... When you install Windows it asks
you for configuration information. Country options include "United
Kingdom" not "Great Britain". Are Microsoft making a political statement
about Northern Ireland with their Windows Installation procedure? Using
the logic you provide above, you'd have to conclude they are.
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk