Old 28-09-2003, 06:32 PM
DLee

Default Monty Don and his spade

What justifies £ 100 for a spade? Better material? Better design?? This is a
genuine question out of curiosity.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Well a few years ago Sue and friends bought me the Bulldog stainless steel
spade and matching fork for Christmas, it cost them £100 for each I
understand, and they were a special order.
When I thought I had lost the fork a couple of years ago I enquired about

replacement and found out that Bulldog no longer make these British made
tools as they were too expensive for the market even though they are,
simply, the best. Shame.

Oh, and no, I don't leave them down the allotments. :-)
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.