Old 28-09-2003, 11:26 PM
jammer

Default Overwintering Hyacinths

When frost threatens or they start looking bad.

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:37:53 -0400, "Heather"
wrote:

At what water temp do you do this and how deep do you sink them??

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .
On 25 Sep 2003 21:54:31 GMT, (Tbumpy) wrote:

Has anyone tried to overwinter hyacinths? I've read to put them in a

shallow
bowl with aquatic planting soil on the bottom and lots of water so that

it's a
thin mud consistency. I would like to be able to save some of them since

they
can be a bit expensive to buy. Any comments appreciated. Thanks in

advance

Tina

I dont know where you are.

I am in zone 7. I tie 3 to a brick and sink it in the pond. 1 or 2
survive with a teeny bit of green and go on to make many more.