Old 29-09-2003, 04:31 AM
Roy

Default Whats with Wal Mart garden center

I have to admit I like to dumpster dive, and Walmart has supplied me b
way of their large hopper dumpster with a ton of varous trees, plants
and odds and ends this year, to the point it looks like I have a
commercisal garden center myself. Most plants only need a little
tender care and decent waterings and conditions, and the majority of
them grew and bloomed just fine.

Last week I picked up 66 5 gal buckets with a 40 pound bad of
fertilized potting soil in each bucket, marketed by Miracle Grow, out
of the Walmart Dumpster. All new and unopened. Today I made three,
yess three trips in my pickup truck and loaded it to the max each
trip with bags of various potting soils in 40 to 50 pound bags, and
also bag after bag of pine bark and also Cypress shredded mulch, as
well as 4, 50 pound bags of Rye grass seed, and some assorted other
smaller packages of various grass seeds...centipede, Fescue etc, in 5
and 10 pound packs. All of this was just thrown in the dumpster.

I coould have made maybe two more trips, but my back was about give
out. There was still still quite a few bags of mulches, and soil, and
who knows what else under all of that stuff. Its mainly stuff thats
dumped from the garden center, not regular garbage. They also throw
store displays and racks etc in this dumpster, which have turned into
great metal racks for holding lots of potted plants.
--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address