Old 29-09-2003, 04:32 AM
NJ

Default HEY!! Hip, hip hooray!!

"pixi" wrote in message
Why should the rocks come out? How can they harm the fish?

Hi Pixi--

I have a small pond of about 500 gallons, 20" deep and it is lined with
river stone. I have a skimmer and filter system. I have 3 sarasa comets
and a goldfish. My lilies and anacharis are rooted directly into the rock
at the bottom of the pond. I have had NO PROBLEMS ever with this setup.
My water is always gin clear, and aside from string algae every spring, I
have no algae problems, either. My plants and fish are very healthy.

If you have a similar sized pond to mine, I don't see a problem with rocks
inside it, but I can only speak to small ponds such as mine. I am also in
zone 5b if that is also a factor. The river rock in the pond makes it very
attractive. Every couple weeks I go in and rake around the rock using a
small kidsize plastic rake and stir up stuff that is then taken in by the
skimmer and filter. No big deal.

NJ