Old 29-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Kirra

Default Rose nurseries in Sydney

Daniel Hanna wrote:
I shouldn't have leaned on poor Dr McLeod at his
heritage Honeysuckle Cottage nursery to send me some.

Actually this reminded me of something I keep meaning to ask you. I will be
going through Sydney on my way to Canberra at Christmas. I've already told
my husband that we will be spending time at the National Rose garden in
Canberra and that I want to stop at a rose nursery in Sydney on the way
through.

I was originally thinking of stopping at Swanes but now I'm not so sure. I'm
getting more interested in the OGR and Swanes don't list that many
different/unusual roses on their web site (if I want to see a Mr Lincoln I
can see one in Brisbane) and certainly no OGR . I've seen you mention
Honeysuckle Cottage nursery a few times and wondered whether it might be a
better choice.

I'm also interested in seeing a rose display area if possible at the
nursery. I realise late December is not the ideal time to see roses but it's
the only time I'll have.

So, if you had the choice of stopping at one rose nursery in Sydney, which
one would you choose?

Thanks,

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia