Old 29-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Will Trash-Spam

Default Garden Office Building? What do you recommend?

"William.R.Reisen" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am thinking about getting a garden office. I would be using this
building all year round working in it most days so needs to be well
insulated so the cold doesn't get at me and also needs to not get too
hot in the summertime. Also there would be about 6k of computer
equipment in there so needs to be as secure as possible. Because most
of my work is done on computers I don't want huge swathes of glass
windows and doors as I find too much light getting in stops me from
seeing the screen clearly due to reflections. I'm thinking of one with
approximate dimensions 3.5mx3.5m. Any suggestions for a vendor that
fits in well with these criterior. Also I'm not against putting it
together myself.

Thanks.

THe two option I'm consdiering are a conservatory or a "tay" log cabin.

The log cabin is cheaper, though a bit more fiddly as it won't be connected
to the house (from http://www.dhleisureandgarden.com), but both require
planning permission (in my case). You want to make sure that you have
proper business permission if your business pays for it, rather than rents
space in it from you (and make sure something domestic is in it to show it
is part of the private dwelling. And soon as you show up on councils radars
as running a business from home, beware....

I'm going to attached mine all up to my existing house alarm system and add
some cameras. As it will be at the back, the dog (and all the neighbours
dogs) will add protection too.