Old 29-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Bry Bry is offline
Registered User

Default How do you get rid of snails?

Currently, thanks to both the weather, types of plants in my garden and partly the neighbours ambivalent attitude to snails... My garden is swarming with them. And, I can't seem to cut the numbers down either.

My only real success has been going around with a bucket collecting them. I also tried copper wire around the base of some trees as I head they won't cross copper, well they seem to still be getting over the wire anyway. Perhaps I need thicker wire? I also have this snail killer that aparently doesn't cause bio accumulation, but I haven't found a single dead snails where I put it down (although I don't find so much dammage from them when it's around plants).

I'm getting quite desperate as they have stripped about 5 small plants I really liked of all foliage and killed them, and they're fast turning my three very hard to find white wisteria vines (allready slightly dammaged from the heat wave) in to expencive salad...

So, if anyone has some suggestions (even really strange ones...) please share them,
Bry