Old 29-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Unnaturalistic = more realistic

Movie soundtracks usually constitute far more than 50% of the
viewing
experience. This might seem odd since real life has no

soundtrack.

Oh, not true -- on several fronts.

Think about shopping malls, department stores, barbershops (or,
as they call themselves today, "salons"); even my gas station has
a soundtrack these days!

And then, there's a personal soundtrack. In my younger days,
music played a big part in my life as Jackie and I trekked from
folk venue to folk venue with guitars, banjo, and autoharp.
Then -- and to a large extent, now -- there always was/is a
mental soundtrack humming around inside my head. (Yeah, I know .
.. . ;-).

Movies just capitalize on that.

Mostly in fun . . .

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++