Old 29-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Unnaturalistic = more realistic

Screw up the pot and nothing about the bonsai will work.

I've seen this happen. My Osteomeles is in too big a pot and it is driving me
crazy. I am waiting until December to repot it because the last time I repotted
it was December & I know it is safe.
There was a case in last spring's MidAtlantic which was a real disaster. The
exhibitor was exhibiting the handmade pot, but the three trees in it were
reprehensible.
However, the right stand can also enhance a pot & the wrong one can be very
damaging. I can think of another case from the MidAtlantic. There was a
graceful, elegant cascade in the back room which was completely messed up
because the stand was a piece of rough timber.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)