Old 29-09-2003, 02:42 PM
David Hill

Default Garden Office Building? What do you recommend?

".............. Let's just hope that gardening doesn't become the "new
plumbing", with thousands of disillusioned unemployed taking a six week
course and foisting themselves, unprepared, upon the public........."

I don't know, with the prices they charge........ just think a 2 hour
gardening job and a bill for a couple of hundred pounds sterling,
I was quoted one hundred and twenty pounds just to have a 12 ft length of
pipe joined into my gas pipe(From bulk tank, so supply was turned off to
work) and to have a tap at the end of it..
The pipe was in an awkward position and with osteoarthritus in both knees I
thought I would have it done. Did the job myself with pipe I already have
and just had to buy connection and tap, total cost under a tenner and the
job took less than 15 mins.
There is no way I would work for 10 hours to pay someone that rate for 15
mins work.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries