Old 29-09-2003, 04:22 PM
The Flying Hamster

Default Getting rid of brambles.

On 29 Aug 2003 11:11:28 -0700, Mike Lyle wrote:
says, be left to rot, as they won't send out shoots. I'd invest in
some stout leather gloves before starting!

and be prepared to still get thorns and other nasties coming through
the leather when you're not expecting it.

There will be some seedlings and probably nettles for the next couple
of years, but they're easy enough to deal with. One lawn I made of an
old bramble-patch still, three years later, sends up surprises in the
form of bindweed seedlings: no top growth was visible at the time I

What's the current best thinking on how to kill off bindweed and
nettles? We've got a nice little growth of both of them on one side
of the plot and I'm up for anything which will make the job of keeping
them down easier (mowing isn't an option as the ground is 'uneven')

--
The Flying Hamster http://www.korenwolf.net/
I am Homer of Borg! Prepare to be...OOooooo! Donuts!!!