Old 29-09-2003, 05:02 PM
J Jackson

Default Apple tree question

Kim Bewick wrote:
: Hi everyone
: Last year my husband bought an apple tree (I have no idea which variety). It
: blossoms beautifully and we had 3 apples on it this year (wow I hear you all
: say :-) but they were extremely bitter.

Maybe you picked them too early. Many people seem to think all apples are
picked at the same time. Different varieties ripen at different times.

: I would like to know if it is a good time to move the tree from it's pot now
: as it has reached about 5' in height and seems to be very unhappy now.

If you are going to plant it out, I'd wait till it dropped its leaves,
it's dormant and you have had a frost, then transplant it

Jim