Old 29-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Madgardener

Default Whats with Wal Mart garden center

Just to let ya'll know out there what might be the actual reason.....since
working at Lowes now, they have what is called a "buy back policy" which
never seems to make sense to me. Broken stepping stones, edgers, slightly
damaged products, like a pond that normally would have sold for over $400
but had a slight gouge in it were thrown in the crusher. They get full
credit on alot of things. That's not to say that they don't sell slightly
damaged things. I've seen appliances with dings on them reduced. But
personal experience in Outside Lawn and Garden has taught me one major
thing. If I wanted to "scrounge" the dumped pots of plants and soil, (they
sell broken bags in what they call "recovery bags" at half price)
specifically for the compost pile at home, or buy a broken stepping stone, I
wouldn't be able to do it. I'm sure WalMart has something like that policy
in place. But not working for WalMart, I could be mistaken and it could just
be them throwing it away for whatever reasons only they know. I would
myself ask someone who is friendly and works there and would know about the
throw away policy of Wally world just to check it out and keep myself from
getting into any trouble.

madgardener just thinking about this guys booty he was able to take
home........sigh.....