Old 29-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Kelly

Default Trimming

Hi there,

I think from looking at pictures that I have a willow leaf fig. The leaves
look very much like willow leafs and grow around all sides of the branches.
The leaves stand up and don't weep. Some of the leaves also curl sideways
(no twist in the leaf itself).

I have read up on trimming (because the
shape is a little out of control, I want to shape it) and have done a test
on one shoot. When I cut it, white sap oozed out.

Couple questions,

Can anyone verify exactly what kind of bonsai I have from my description?
(Sorry I don't have a pic).

What's the best way to trim this type of bonsai?

Is the white sap normal? Should I be doing something additional because of
this sap?

Thanks in advance,
Kelly