Old 29-09-2003, 11:42 PM
NTANTIQUES

Default Leonidas Rose

I am trying to find a place I can order this rose online..

It has the most beautiful brownish colored outer edge with light colored
inside...

I fell in love with this beauty too, but decided to make do with the Ecuadorian
florist imports after doing a whole lot of searching on the internet. That
yellow and orange thing isn't what I'm looking for in Leonidas and I can't bear
shovel pruning a perfectly healthy rose because of a color clash in my garden.
As I recall, the color differential came up was because Ecuadorian Leonidas
were hydrophonic and grown in very different conditions than the home gardener.
Too bad, it is a stunner and I would love to have that fabulous russet color
in my garden.
NT