Old 30-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Philip

Default Apple tree question

Let the leaves drop and the plant go dormant,. Prepare the ground well , by
making sure all perennial weeds are cleared. Enrich the soil with compost,
and provide a decent stake.

"Kim Bewick" wrote in message
Hi everyone
Last year my husband bought an apple tree (I have no idea which variety).

It
blossoms beautifully and we had 3 apples on it this year (wow I hear you

all
say :-) but they were extremely bitter.
I would like to know if it is a good time to move the tree from it's pot

now
as it has reached about 5' in height and seems to be very unhappy now.
Kind Regards
Kim Bewick
(Cardiff, Wales, UK) where we are still having beautifully warm days, but
cold nights.