Old 30-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Growing seeds from Limes

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"R. McGeddon" wrote in message
The message
from "GrimReaper" contains these words:

How would one go about grow plants from the seeds you find in limes?

Oy! Have I an alter-ego?

Do you mean the fruits? Ickle green lemony things?

Got any to spare?

Remove pips from fruit. Wash them. Plant them ¼" to ½" deep in seed
compost, and water with a fungicide like Murphy's - um - Dynacap? - it's
downstairs locked up in the shed and I CBA to go down and look - or what
I did once, covered with Mycil ointment.

Don't use the fungicide more than twice.

You'll have to keep them fairly warm, moist but not too wet. Do not
allow the frost to get at them.

I've grown ten lemon seedlings and one from a supposedly seedless
satsuma this year.

I would have thought that that was a biological impossibility, even if the
satsuma did have some seed.

Apologies. Advancing senility caused me to misread the lines to which I
posted that nonsensical reply.

Franz