Old 30-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Dick

Default Algae

In the 75 gallon II change about 15 gallons each week. I change a
similar ratio in my 29 and two tens. No Hair in the other 3 tanks.
I have two light hoods on my 75. I am trying using just my lower
light hood for awhile. It puts out light more on the blue side of the
spectrum.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:50:12 GMT, Cris
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:15:16 -0500, Dick
wrote:

I tend to have heavy fish loads in my tanks, 75, 29, 10, 10. Same
water, same feeding, similar light.

How much/how often do you do water changes? With heavy fish loads and
feeding you will have high nitrate and maybe phosphate levels unless
you do lots of water changing.

Black Hair Algae is reported to
be very difficult to elimenate.

It is indeed. Your SAEs may help a bit, but don't expect that they
will eliminate the problem. IME, they tend to eat bits of the new
algae growth and leave the older stuff, and can't keep up with a tank
full of fast growing algae.

Cris