Old 30-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Roy

Default Trouble starting new Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

If its a new saw there is no need to clean the carb with carb cleaner.
Actually using carb cleaner, and especially starting fluid is one fast
way to ruin a 2 cycle engine, as they both will readily make a gas
engine fire off if it lacks fuel source, but they do not contain any
form of lube which will kill a 2 stroke engine pretty quickly. Lube is
the 2 cycle engines lifeline, and a lack of it will lead to its death.

Have you actually followed the instructions in the manual to the
letter?

I have a few Husky saws, and no matter how long they set will always
fire off within 3 pulls at max.

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:21:18 GMT, David Burtle
wrote:

x-Chris A. Epler wrote:
x- *I picked up a new Husqvarna 340 over the weekend and have been
x- unable
x- to start it, I returned it and picked up a 350 thinking the 340 I
x- had
x- may have had a problem but I'm still having problems on the 350 as
x- well.
x-
x- Has anyone had problems with their first start on these chainsaws?
x- I've tried almost everything I can think of (I'll try carb cleaner
x- and
x- starting fluid tomorrow) to no avail. Choke engaged, checked plug
x- gap, checked for spark, pulled the plug and let it sit for a couple
x- hours to try to dry out cylinder if flooded, tried w/o choke,
x- w/choke,
x- with throttle, decompression valve open/closed...just about every
x- combination I can think of. The fuel is new 87 octane mixed with 2
x- cycle oil in the appropriate amount.
x-
x- Any ideas? I think the starter fluid after a carb clean are my last
x- chances at getting it started and maybe a new plug in case I'm not
x- getting a GOOD spark..
x-
x- Very frustrating, and VERY tiring yanking on that start cord for 3
x- days...uhgh! *

--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address