Old 30-09-2003, 04:22 PM
JNJ

Default pee in the pile

Even though this is the dumbest thread I've ever read in here I still have
ask this question...

Amazing some of the tangents we get off on here on rec.gardens, isn't it?

If you pee on your compost pile on a regular basis won't the salt content

of
your urine inhibit the growth the the benificial bacterias?

Urine has been used for hundreds of years in this and other capacities. The
key is moderation -- if one urinates on the compost pile several times a day
repeatedly for several days then it will destroy the pile eventually. The
idea is to help get things rolling in the pile -- just as easily
accomplished by sprinkling some bloodmeal over your pile after adding a
substantial amount of material.

James