Old 30-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Dan Drake

Default adjusting pH of aquarium water

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:10:25 UTC, "Robert Flory"
wrote:

let me restate...most fresh freshwater fish seem to be more sensitive to
chlorine compounds that sulfate compounds.

Are they, enough so that it would make a difference in choosing acids?
Many treatments for sick fish involve adding sodium chloride to the water,
and I've never yet seen a toxicity warning attached to this advice. I
can't imagine adding so much HCl that it would raise the chloride level
above therapeutic levels.

I'd really like to know what the answer is here, having heard lots of
warnings about too much chloride as well as too much sodium.

--

http://www.dandrake.com/

In the days after September 11, Yahoo searches for Nostradamus
outnumbered those for Osama bin Laden and Sex, combined.