Old 30-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Alternate Personality

Default What are they?

What are they?Could be retamas. If so, they should grow in Killeen just fine, since I've seen them thriving by the side of the road as far north as Ft. Worth.

I bought some last year at Barton Creek Nursery. I've also been told that retamas grow easily from seed, so if you can't find any to buy, you might try picking up some seeds from the trees you saw.

There's a picture at: http://horticulture.tamu.edu:7998/or...d=33459&-find=

-alternate

"Fred G" wrote in message .. .
My dad was visiting from Killeen. Absolutely fell in love with some shrubs/trees that he saw. They both look spindly, like Mimosa or Mesquite. One has bright yellow, almost popcorn-looking flowers growing in clusters. The second looks like two-toned flowers, orange and tangerine red blossoms. Any idea of what I should ask for in the nurseries? Might they grow in Killeen, 70 miles northwest of here? Thanks!