Old 30-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Jeff & Kathy Brown

Default Checking in - Isabel

We were in the Cayman's when Isabel hit. Got back on the following Saturday
to find one big tree on top of three smaller trees next to our pond but not
on the pond. We did not get electricity back until the following Tuesday
evening. The pond fish seemed OK but my tank fish were hurting. I had
their airstone plugged into a battery back-up pump but it only lasts 22 hrs.
There were no battery operated pumps to be found anywhere.....even online.
Our neighbor on Monday offered to let us plug into one line on his generator
so, we chose our pond pump. We plugged in an outdoor extension outlet to
his generator, plugged in our pond pump to that and then ran an extension
cord from the outlet into the house for the tank fish. They have all made
it, thanks to our neighbor. We will be getting a generator so, that this
never happen again. Now, we have to finish cutting up the 18+ trees that
have uprooted or have been taken down by the other trees. We had a
mini-forest behind our house, now we have a glen. At least our pond and
fish survived.
Kathy
"FBCS" wrote in message
I had a trying 24hrs. with no power. I prayed for my fish to make it
through. My DH ran around town looking for a generator with non to be

found
a friend provided a mini ac/dc adapter to connect to the battery of the

car
to run aerator. The wetones had been w/o water movement for 14 hrs

already.
The power came on about 1 hr ago and the fish were dancing in the fall
stream of water.

We had many trees down, I live 1/2 mile off the main road. DH took off at
daybreak with the dozer and chain saws. I was able to keep all in
prespective and know many had it much worse than we. The storm had lost

much
of it's punch by the time it got here (So. MD), but it was still the worst

had ever remembered for this area. My heart goes out to those in No. Car
take took the brunt of the impact. Joann