Old 30-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Hello

The message 73sinv8u5ho63gdapqn2ksg3l1f1jd704q@primus
from Jeff Anderson contains these words:

Lawrence London sounds like a villain in a Walt Disney kids movie.

He mentioned he always wears black :-)

What happened and how did someone called Lawrence London manage to
stifle a group devoted to permaculture? I thought those sort of things
only happened in the kids groups. I thought you guys would be pretty
good regarding pest control.

PCers supposedly practise people-care, fair-shares and non-toxic
organic methods :~}.

Well, I'm Jeff Anderson, I am in Queensland Australia, a sub-tropical
area, and I have just renewed my interest in gardening/permaculture.

I have a half acre riverfront home and am in the process of tearing up
lawns and replacing them with fruit and nut trees, vegetable gardens
and fruit bearing vines. I am fortunate in that the climate allows
year round planting for most vegetables as well as quite rapid growth.
I have had vegetable gardens before but not really got into true
permaculture. I watched a documentary on permaculture a couple of
years ago and subsequently developed quite an interest in the concept.

There used to be a load of Aussies here. Len (Queensland) and Fran (SW
Aus) are still active on usenet so with luck might turn up here again.
Also, you can find all the collected wisdom from altpc's past, in the
archives at www.google/groups. Ted, Pete and Len were all posting from
your neck of the woods. There were also regulars from Britain,
USA,Tasmania and NZ; varying degrees of commitment to permaculture but
all (except one, no prizes..) very active hands-on gardeners/ animal
keepers/ DIYers.

How many people (lurkers) read this group? Anyone have a rough idea?

Impossible to tell.

How long before Lawrence London makes an appearance?

He's the kind of guy who sets up his pc to constantly monitor the
internet for mentions of his name; so not long. If he's using other
ID's, you'll recognise him by the frequent orders to ungrateful leftist
pinko commie liberals (etc etc etc) to get out of his newsgroup.

Janet.

Isle of Arran, Scotland.