Old 01-10-2003, 01:16 AM
JNJ

Default pee in the pile

I have to wonder how you all cope with manure, which contains lots and
lots of pee. Also, I have found predator urine to be the only
effective vole repellent in my garden. Would I be better off with vole
manure on my cabbages instead? Are voles so much healthier than me, or
the coyote that provides those expensive little urine bottles, or the
horses that provide me with manure?

In all likelihood, probably. When you start going into farm animals though
you once again start getting more and more chemicals though. Something else
worthy of noting here -- for folks that use chemicals in their garden this
whole discussion is really unimportant. In the end, the toxic aspects of
urine are unlikely to be of much concern.

Bear in mind though -- raw excreta (feces or urine) have their own
challenges in usability in the garden. But hey -- it's all good!

James